Figure 2B. Testing a TRIAC with an ohmmeter.
IN ANSWERING QUESTION 2-7, REFER TO
2-7. With a momentary short connected
between the gate and anode 2, the
TRIAC will be forward biased and allow
current to flow between what elements?
1. From the gate to anode 1
2. From the gate to anode 2
3. From anode 1 to anode 2 only
4. In either direction between the two
THIS SPACE LEFT BLANK
Figure 2C. Unijunction transistor.
IN ANSWERING QUESTIONS 2-8 AND 2-9,
REFER TO FIGURE 2C.
2-8. What readings should you expect to find
when you measure the resistance
between bases 1 and 2 of a UJT?
1. A short regardless of the polarity of
the meter leads
2. A high resistance value regardless of
the polarity of the meter leads
3. Approximately 15 ohms between base
1 and base 2 with the negative meter
lead connected to base 1
4. Approximately 15 ohms between the
two bases with the negative meter
lead connected to base 2
2-9. For which, if any, of the following
reasons do JFETs have circuit
applications similar to those of vacuum
1. JFETs have a high input impedance
and are voltage-responsive
2. JFETs have a low input impedance
and a frequency response comparable
to that of vacuum tubes
3. JFETs have a high input impedance
and are current-responsive
4. None of the above