Upon completion of this chapter, you will be able to:
1. Describe the basic operation of a differential amplifier.
2. Describe the operation of a differential amplifier under the following conditions:
a. Single Input, Single Output
b. Single input, differential output
c. Differential input, differential output
3. List the characteristics of an operational amplifier.
4. Identify the symbol for an operational amplifier.
5. Label the blocks on a block diagram of an operational amplifier.
6. Describe the operation of an operational amplifier with inverting and noninverting
7. Describe the bandwidth of a typical operational amplifier and methods to modify the bandwidth.
8. Identify the following applications of operational amplifiers:
9. State the common usage for a magnetic amplifier.
10. Describe the basic operation of a magnetic amplifier.
11. Describe various methods of changing inductance.
12. Identify the purpose of components in a simple magnetic amplifier.
If you were to make a quick review of the subjects discussed in this module up to this point, you
would see that you have been given a considerable amount of information about amplifiers. You have
been shown what amplification is and how the different classes of amplifiers affect amplification. You
also have been shown that many factors must be considered when working with amplifiers, such as