Textbook assignment: Chapter 1, Synchros, pages 1-1 through 1-78.
1-1. Which of the following terms accurately
describes a synchro?
4. Each of the above
1-2. What are the two general classifications
of synchro systems?
1. Torque and load
2. Torque and control
3. Load and control
4. Load and lock
1-3. What is the difference in application
between the two classifications of
1. Light versus heavy load
2. Mechanical versus electrical Output
3. Circular versus straight-line motion
4. High-frequency versus low-frequency
1-4. Which of the following types of synchro
devices provides a mechanical output?
1. A control transformer
2. A torque receiver
3. A torque transmitter
4. A control transmitter
1-5. A 115-volt, 400-Hz torque transmitter
with a diameter of 2.36 inches will have
what military standard designation code?
1. 115 V-23CT6
2. 115 V-24TT4
1-6. A 3.5-inch diameter differential receiver
will have what Navy prestandard
1-7. What does the arrow on a synchro
schematic symbol indicate?
1. The direction of current flow
2. The direction of rotor movement
3. The angular position of the stator
4. The angular position of the rotor
1-8. What are the two major components of a
1. The rotor and the stator
2. The housing and the stator
3. The rotor and the shaft
4. The housing and the shaft
1-9. What type of rotor can be composed of a
single winding or three Y-connected
2. Drum or wound
1-10. How does the stator of a TX receive
1. By a physical connection with the
2. By a magnetic coupling with another
3. By a magnetic coupling with the rotor
4. By a physical connection with a