Figure 3F.Foster-Seeley discriminator.
IN ANSWERING QUESTIONS 3-25
THROUGH 3-30, REFER TO FIGURE 3F.
3-25. In the figure, what is the purpose of Q1?
1. To act as a limiter only
2. To act as an amplifier only
3. To act as a limiter and an amplifier
4. To act as an oscillator
3-26. To what frequency are C1/L1 and C2/L2
1. The af input
2. The center frequency of fm signal
3. The lowest fm deviation frequency
4. The highest fm deviation frequency
3-27. What is the function of L3?
1. To couple af to the output
2. To couple rf from the tank circuits to
CR1 and CR2
3. To prevent af from being coupled to
the power supply
4. To provide the dc return path for CR1
3-28. At resonance, what is the amplitude of e3
compared to e4?
1. e3 is less than e4
2. e3 is equal to e4
3. e3 is greater than e4