Figure 3-A.Equivalent infinite transmission line.
IN ANSWERING QUESTION 3-30, REFER TO
3-30. When a dc voltage is applied to the
equivalent infinite line in the figure, which
of the following conditions occurs along
the length of the line?
1. Standing waves of voltage form
2. Standing waves of current form
3. Current flows indefinitely
4. Voltage appears for a short time
Figure 3-B.Equivalent transmission line.
IN ANSWERING QUESTION 3-31, REFER TO
3-31. Compared to a dc input, what relative
amount of time is required for an ac input
voltage to travel the length of the line
shown in the circuit?
3-32. The instantaneous voltage on an infinite
transmission line can be plotted against
time by using which of the following
1. A wavemeter
2. A multimeter
3. An oscilloscope
4. A spectrum analyzer
3-33. On an infinite transmission line with an ac
voltage applied, which of the following is
an accurate description of the effective
voltage distribution along the line?
1. Voltage is 0 at all points
2. Voltage is constant at all points
3. Voltage varies at a sine-wave rate
4. Voltage varies at double the sine-wave
3-34. The velocity of propagation on a
transmission line is controlled by which of
the following line characteristics?
2. Inductance only
3. Capacitance only
4. Capacitance and inductance
3-35. The total charge on a transmission line is
equal to the current multiplied by which of
the following factors?