4-36. Shorted turns in the choke of an LC
choke-input filter may reduce the value
of inductance below the critical value.
When this happens, which of the
following problems may occur?
1. Poor voltage regulation
2. Excessive ripple amplitude
3. Abnormally high output voltage
4. Each of the above
4-37. The use of the RC capacitor-input filter is
limited to which of the following
1. When the load current is large
2. When the load current is small
3. When the load voltage is large
4. When the load voltage is small
RC capacitor-input filter.
IN ANSWERING QUESTIONS 4-38 AND
4-39, REFER TO FIGURE 4-C.
4-38. Which of the components will have the
highest failure rate?
4-39. Which of the components provides
protection against voltage surges in the
LC Capacitor-input filter.
IN ANSWERING QUESTIONS 4-40 AND
4-41, REFER TO FIGURE 4-D.
4-40. Components L1 and C2 form what type
1. Ac voltage doubler
2. Dc voltage doubler
3. Ac voltage divider
4. Dc voltage divider
4-41. If component L1 shorts to the core,
which of the following conditions will
1. Low output ripple frequency
2. Excessive ripple frequency
3. Excessively high output
4. No output
4-42. In a voltage regulator, what percent of
regulation would be ideal?
1. 1 %
2. 5 %
3. 3 %
4. 0 %