1-47. Which of the following illustrations depicts
a properly forward-biased PN junction?
(Note: The number of elements in the
battery indicates the applied voltages.)
1-48. In the PN junction, which of the following
actions will increase the number of
majority carriers and increase current flow
in a forward-biased condition?
1. Increasing the size of the P material
2. Decreasing the size of the P material
3. Increasing battery voltage
4. Decreasing battery voltage
1-49. A voltage applied to a PN junction so that
it will increase the junction barrier and
offer a high resistance to current flow is
called what type of bias?
1-50. When the negative terminal of a battery is
connected to the P material, and the
positive terminal is connected to the N
material, what type of bias is being used?
1-51. What provides you with information
concerning the voltage-current relationship
of a PN junction diode?
1. The body color of the diode
2. The color coded bands on the diode
3. The printed information on the diode
4. The characteristic curve graph of the
THIS SPACE LEFT BLANK