Textbook assignment: Chapter 1, Test Equipment Administration and USE, pages 1-1 through
1-33. Chapter 2, Miscellaneous Measurements, pages 2-1 through 2-27.
1-1. What system is currently used by U.S.
military services to identify electronic
equipment with standardized
1. Joint Electronic Type Designation
2. Joint Electronics Type Category
3. Army-Navy (AN) System
4. Navy Tactical Data Systems (NTDS)
1-2. Which of the following categories of test
equipment is/are designed to test, without
modification, a range of electronic
parameters needed for two or more
systems that are different in design?
3. Both 1 and 2 above
1-3. For what purpose was the ETE
classification board established?
1. To control inventory limits
2. To control the increase of
3. To control the increase of
4. To become final approval authority
1-4. Which of the following systems provides
an inventory of test equipment actually
located in the fleet?
1-5. You can determine if a piece of test
equipment has been calibrated by
checking which of the following
1. The test equipment logbook
2. A directive from the EMO
3. The completed maintenance action
form for the instrument
4. A tag or label attached to the
1-6. What label is used to identify a test
instrument that is within tolerance on all
3. CALIBRATEDRefer to report
4. ORGANIZATION LEVEL
1-7. Which of the following conditions
warrants the use of one of the SPECIAL
CALIBRATION labels and/or tags?
1. Calibration deviates from the usual
2. The instrument has more than one
3. The instrument is too large to move
and requires in-place calibration
4. Each of the above