2-44. Which of the following is a universally
1. A one-degree-of-freedom gyro
2. A two-degrees-of-freedom gyro
3. A restrained gyro
4. A rate gyro
2-45. A free gyro at the Equator appears to tilt.
What is the approximate total number of
degrees it will tilt in 4 hours?
2-46. Which of the following factors is NOT a
cause of mechanical drift?
3. Apparent precession
4. Gimbal inertia
2-47. Which of the following is a purpose of a
1. To precess the gyro to its operating
2. To prevent a gyro from precessing
once the rotor is up to speed
3. To establish a vertical position to
which the gyro position may be
4. Each of the above
2-48. Which of the following is an advantage
that the mercury ballistic erection system
has over the mercury erection system?
1. Greater sensitivity
2. Faster response time
3. Spin axis aligns in any desired
4. Spin axis aligns north-south
2-49. What is the principal purpose of rate
1. To serve as gyroscopes
2. To serve as reference elements
3. To measure acceleration
4. To measure angular rates
2-50. In what maximum number of directions
is a rate gyro free to precess?
2-51. The amount of precession of a rate gyro
is proportional to what input factor?
1. Rate of gyro case rotation
2. Amount of gyro case rotation
3. Rate of linear displacement
4. Amount of total movement
2-52. The operation of an accelerometer is
based on what physical property?
2-53. Accelerometers find their greatest use in
what type of system?
3. Weapons control
2-54. Pulse-counting accelerometers are
designed for use only with what type of
1. Radar sensors
2. Electronic compasses
3. Analog indicators
4. Digital computers