1-18. H lines have which of the following
1. They are continuous straight lines
2. They are generated by voltage
3. They form closed loops
4. They form only in the wave-guide
1-19. What minimum number of boundary
conditions must be satisfied for energy to
travel down a waveguide?
1-20. For an electric field to exist at the surface
of a conductor, the field must have what
angular relationship to the conductor?
1. 0 degrees
2. 30 degrees
3. 45 degrees
4. 90 degrees
1-21. What, if anything, happens to the
amplitude of the wavefronts within a
waveguide that DO NOT meet boundary
1. They Increase rapidly to maximum
2. They decrease slowly to the half-
3. They decrease rapidly to zero
1-22. If the wall of a wave-guide is perfectly
flat, the angle of reflection is equal to
which of the following angles?
1. Angle of cutoff
2. Angle of incidence
3. Angle of refraction
4. Angle of penetration
1-23. THIS QUESTION HAS BEEN
1-24. How does the group velocity of an
electromagnetic field in a waveguide
compare to the velocity of a wavefront
through free space?
1. Group velocity is faster
2. Group velocity is slower
3. Their velocities are the same
1-25. The group velocity of a wavefront in a
waveguide may be increased by which of
the following actions?
1. Decreasing the frequency of the input
2. Increasing the frequency of the input
3. Increasing the power of the input
4. Decreasing the power of the input
1-26. The various field configurations that can
exist in a waveguide are referred to as
2. modes of operation
3. fields of operation
4. fields of distribution
1-27. The most efficient transfer of energy
occurs in a waveguide in the what mode?
1-28. How is the cutoff wavelength for a
circular waveguide figured?
1. 1.17 times the radius of the
2. 1.17 times the diameter of the
3. 1.71 times the diameter of the
4. 1.71 times the radius of the