2-9. What is the purpose of a buffer amplifier?
1. To provide a direct connection between
the oscillator and the load
2. To amplify the output signal of the
3. To remove frequency distortion from
4. To prevent load variations from
affecting the oscillator
2-10. Why is class A bias used in oscillators?
1. To develop low power
2. To develop maximum power
3. To maintain low distortion
4. To maintain high efficiency
2-11. When a group of RC networks is used for
regenerative feedback, which of the
following waveform actions takes place in
each successive stage?
1. Waveform is rectified
2. Amplitude is decreased
3. Amplitude is increased
4. Amplitude is held constant
2-12. When RC networks are connected in
cascade (series), what amount of phase
shift should you see?
1. The sum of the phase shifts of each RC
2. The difference between the phase shifts
of each RC network
3. The product of the phase shifts of each
4. The square of the phase shifts of each
2-13. Which of the following terms describes
the gradual amplitude reduction in an
2. Phase shift
4. Flywheel effect
2-14. Which of the following formulas can be
used to figure frequency in an LC tank
2-15. Which of the following actions best
describes the piezoelectric effect?
1. Produces an dc output voltage for a
given ac input voltage
2. Produces an output voltage for a given
3. Produces a mechanical output for a
given input voltage
4. Both 2 and 3 above
2-16. The piezoelectric effect is the property of a
crystal which produces which of the
following electrical characteristics?
4. Each of the above