Cold-cathode tube operation.
If the source voltage in figure 2A is
increased to 150 volts and the ammeter
reads 20 milliamperes, what is the
resistance (rkp) of the tube?
1. 2.65 k
2. 5.25 k
3. 6.25 k
4. 8.15 k
The electron gun of the CRT serves
which of the following functions?
1. Deflects electrons into the plate
2. Concentrates electrons into a beam
3. Emits electrons
4. Both 2 and 3 above
Which of the following is a description
of the grid in a CRT?
1. A metal cap with a hole in the
2. A metal cap at ground potential
3. A metal cap with a positive
4. A metal cap with a wire screen in
What element of a television CRT is
adjusted by the brightness control?
3. Control grid
4. Focusing anode
Which of the following elements of the
CRT helps prevent the beam of
electrons from diverging?
3. Focusing anode
4. Decelerating anode
Which of the following elements of a
CRT has the highest positive potential?
1. The focusing anode
2. The electronic lens
3. The accelerating anode
4. The decelerating anode
What is the name of the florescent
material that coats the inside face of a
What is the purpose of the aquadag
coating in the CRT?
1. It is used as a plate
2. It is used to focus the beam
3. It eliminates the space charge
4. It eliminates the effects of