3-42. Which of the following switches is
unacceptable because of the momentary
3-43. Which of the following switches has the
wrong locked position?
3-44. Which of the following switches has an
unacceptable voltage rating?
3-45. Which of the following switches has an
unacceptable current rating?
3-46. When you perform preventive
maintenance on a switch, which of the
following items should be checked?
1. The terminals for corrosion
2. The physical condition of the switch
3. The switch operation for smooth and
4. All of the above
3-47. A solenoid is based upon which of the
1. A bimetallic strip bends when it is
2. A thermocouple produces a current
3. A coil attracts a soft iron core when
current flows in the coil
4. A soft iron core moving in a
magnetic field creates a current
3-48. A solenoid is commonly used in which
of the following devices?
1. A fuel quantity indicating system
2. A shipboard lighting system
3. A sound-powered telephone system
4. A starter for a motor vehicle
3-49. If a solenoid is not operating properly,
which of the following items need NOT
4. Energizing voltage
IN ANSWERING QUESTIONS 3-50
THROUGH 3-54, MATCH THE DEVICE(S)
LISTED IN COLUMN B TO THE
STATEMENTS IN COLUMN A. THE
DEVICES IN COLUMN B MAY BE USED
MORE THAN ONCE.
A switch only
A device with a
A solenoid only
A device with a fixed
A relay only
A device classified as
power or control
A relay and a
A device containing an