Textbook assignment: Chapter 3, Circuit Control Devices, pages 3-1 through 3-73.
3-1. Circuit control devices should NOT be
used for which of the following reasons?
1. To adjust the power level of a device
2. To remove power from a
3. To apply power to a device when
work is completed on it
4. To select the function or circuit
desired within a device
3-2. Which of the following are types of
circuit control devices?
4. All of the above
IN ANSWERING QUESTIONS 3-3
THROUGH 3-5, MATCH THE SCHEMATIC
SYMBOL SHOWN IN COLUMN B TO THE
DEVICE LISTED IN COLUMN A.
3-6. Which of the following is a manual
1. A light switch
2. A limit switch
3. A thermostat
4. A distributor
3-7. Which of the following is an automatic
1. An ignition switch on a motor
2. A switch that turns on a light in a
3. A channel selector on a television
4. A dial or push button on a telephone
3-8. Control or selection of one or more
circuits is a function of which of the
1. A manual switch
2. An automatic switch
3. A multicontact switch
4. A single contact switch
THIS SPACE LEFT BLANK