1-25. What range of an ammeter should you use
for an initial measurement?
1. The lowest range
2. The highest range
3. The mid-scale range
1-26. What portion of the ammeter scale should
be used to take a final reading?
1. The upper half
2. The lower half
3. The mid-scale portion
4. Anywhere on the meter face
1-27. When, if ever, can you use a dc ammeter
to measure ac values?
1. When the ac is high frequency
2. For low values
1-28. Which of the following safety precautions
should be observed prior to connecting an
ammeter into a circuit?
1. Switch to the highest range
2. Observe proper dc polarity
3. Deenergize the circuit
4. All of the above
1-29. What electrical property is measured by a
1-30. A voltmeter should be connected in an
electrical circuit in what manner?
1. In series with the load
2. In parallel with the load
3. In accordance with Lenz's Law
4. In series-parallel with the load
1-31. A voltmeter has an effect on the circuit
being measured; what is this effect called?
4. Eddy-current drag
1-32. To keep the effect of a voltmeter on a
circuit to a minimum, the internal
resistance of the voltmeter must have
which of the following relationships to the
1. Equal to
2. Lower than
3. Higher than
4. In proportion to
1-33. Which of the following types of meters
can be made from a current sensitive
4. Each of the above
1-34. A voltmeter has a high sensitivity when it
has which of the following characteristics?
1. Low deflection indication
2. High deflection indication
3. Low ratio of internal resistance to full-
scale deflection indication
4. High ratio of internal resistance to
full-scale deflection indication
1-35. Which of the following configurations
extends the range of a voltmeter?
1. A resistor in series with the meter
2. A resistor in parallel with the meter
3. A capacitor in series with the meter
4. A capacitor in parallel with the meter